In Microsoft word, highlighting text is not just select to any text by mouse or by double clicking on it. Imagine when you are reading any book and want to mark or underline any important point you’ll use a highlighter pen. In a Word document, you can do it in a similar way.
MS Word user can highlight a single line, a paragraph, or a whole document.
You can highlight text and also change the highlighted color. Here is some Microsoft word highlight shortcut key that helps you to add color behind text. So how to highlight text using keyboard?
Shortcut for highlighting in Word
Firstly choose the color which you want to use for highlighting the text from the menu as shown.
Now select the text which you want to highlight and then press Ctrl + Alt + H which is the word highlight shortcut from the keyboard. See the example below-
Word shortcut remove highlight
In Word, to remove the highlighted color text using a keyboard, just select all text and press Ctrl + Alt + H shortcut again.
Word shortcut to highlight all text
For highlighting all text and images you can use below shortcut for highlighting in word document-
- Ctrl + A shortcut to selecting and highlight all text in Word.
- Put the cursor at the starting position and then hold Shift and click at the end position of the last paragraph.
- For permanently highlighting, Select all text and press Ctrl + Alt + H from the keyboard.
Microsoft Word highlight shortcut for line
- There is a shortcut to highlight line in word also, select a particular line by just double-clicking on it.
- Now press Ctrl + Alt + H from the keyboard
- A single line will be get highlighted.