In Microsoft word, highlighting text is not just select to any text by mouse or by double clicking on it. In a Word document, you can highlight a single line, a paragraph, or a whole document.
Imagine when you are reading any book and want to mark or underline any important point you’ll use a highlighter pen. In Word document, you can do it in a similar way.
You can highlight text and also change the highlighted color. Here are some of the keyboard shortcut for highlighting in word which helps you to add color behind text. So how to highlight text using keyboard?
Shortcut for highlighting in Word
Firstly choose the color which you want to use for highlighting from the menu as shown.
Now select the text which you want to do highlighting and then press Ctrl + Alt + H highlight shortcut from keyboard. See the example below-
Word shortcut to remove highlight
In Word, to remove the color highlight text using keyboard, just select all text and press Ctrl + Alt + H shortcut again.
Shortcut to highlight all text in Word
For highlighting all text and images you can use below shortcut for highlighting in word document-
- Ctrl + A shortcut to selecting and highlighting all text in Word.
- Put the cursor at the starting position and then hold Shift and click at the end position of the last paragraph.
- For permanently highlighting, Select all text and press Ctrl + Alt + H from the keyboard.
How to highlight a line in Word
- To highlight text of a single line in Word, select a line by double-clicking on it.
- Now press Ctrl + Alt + H shortcut
- A single line will be get highlighted.